1. How does Solar Panels Work?
Solar Panel consists of a large number of solar cells, which converts sunlight directly into electricity. The photovoltaic cell (PV cell) is a specialized semiconductor material that converts visible light into direct current (DC).(Know more)
2. What are main components of rooftop solar PV system?
Solar Panels, Solar Inverter and Netmeter / Battery bank are main components of Rooftop Solar PV System.
3. What is Netmeter?
Netmeter is basically a bi-directional meter which keeps track of electricity drawn from the grid and sent to the grid.
4. How much area is required for rooftop PV system?
For 1kw solar rooftop system, 100 sq.ft. of shadow-free area is required and as on proportionately required for systems having more capacity.
5. Do solar panels are safe in rain?
Solar panels are designed to sustain all type of weather conditions with a lot of safety precautions which make them weatherproof.
6. How safe is Rooftop PV system on my roof?
Solar Panels produce 12 / 24 V DC current, with proper earthing and surge protection devices installed externally as well as internally in the inverter, Solar Rooftop system is completely safe.
7. What type of maintenance is required?
Except cleaning of panels, Solar panels don’t require any kind of maintenance.
8. How much electricity is produced?
Amount of electricity generated by solar panels depends on various factors. Generally, it generates 4-5 units* of electricity per day. (for exact values use Solar Calculator)
9. What is included in maintenance?
Arin Energy provides 3-year maintenance package to all customers.
The package includes:
- Mobile App access and maintenance alerts.
- Quick response to all support/service calls.
- Troubleshooting for all issues.
- Repair of all malfunctions (Only Labour cost included).
10. Do solar panels make any structural harm to the roof?
The combined weight of a 1 kW system is not more than 150 kg and that too is distributed along four points, which is less than a 200 Liters of Plastic Water Tank. Additionally, we carry a proper structural audit of your roof before installing solar rooftop system for complete safety.
11. Difference between Ongrid, Off grid and Hybrid System?
|Inverter||Solar Inverter||Solar Inverter||Solar PCU|
|Meter||Net Meter||No Special meter Required||No Special meter Required|
|Power Backup When Grid goes down||No||Yes||Yes|
12. Which type of system is suitable for me?
Rooftop On Grid PV System is preferred in urban areas where power cut is very less.
Rooftop Off Grid System is preferred in areas where the grid has not yet reached.
Rooftop Hybrid System is preferred in areas where power cut is frequent.
13. What are steps involved and time required for Solar rooftop installation?
- Visit Solar Calculator and check your exact savings [Few Minutes]
- Confirm Site Visit followed by securitization of electricity bill [1 Day]
- Updation of Sanction Load (Optional) [3-4 weeks]
- Locating best possible shadow-free area on your rooftop [1 Day]
- Final quotation and confirmation of order [2 Days]
- Designing of the system as per your needs [3 Days]
- Application for Netmeter [1 Day]
- Installation and commissioning of the system [1 week]
14. Who can install rooftop PV system?
Anyone who has min. 100 sq.ft. of shadow-free area available on their roof.
15. I Live in Flat System, can I install this system?
Yes, you can install Rooftop PV System in your balcony or your private terrace if available. Secondly, you can convince all other flat owners in your housing society for combined Rooftop Solar System which will be beneficial for you all.